Suzanne's B&B in Fussen

Search

Suzanne's B&B in Fussen

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suzanne's B&B in Fussen

Has anyone stayed here? If so, how did you like it?

My husband and I are considering staying at this B&B. It looks great and just what we are looking for.

http://www.suzannes.de/html/usa.htm

Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:02 PM

Hi Kat,

Venere shows 15 reviews of Suzanne's B&B:

http://en.venere.com/hotels_fuessen/?ref=34990

Hope that will help.

Ginny
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 06:09 AM

I have no personal experience with Suzanne's, but I have read about numerous negative experiences at this B&B. Most of them say she's a rude and grouchy hostess.

There is a list of private B&B's like hers at the following page. When you reach this page, select "Privatvermieter" in the top box, "Doppelzimmer" (double room) in the lower box, then hit "Suche Starten" (search) and a list of similar B&B's will appear, with prices. As you can see, Suzanne may not only be crabby, but overpriced compared with the competition (which is sometimes the result of getting a nod from Rick Steves.) You can click on the names to go to their websites.

www.koenigswinkel.de/gastgeber/komf_suche_zi.php

I'd also suggest looking at www.bensbauernhof.com for recommendations in the area.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the responses. I sent an inquiry to Suzanne and she is charging us 80 Euros per night (2 nights) in August and that price includes Breakfast buffet, parking and all taxes. She is 6 minutes walking distance to Fussen.

We were thinking of staying in the village of Fussen but I really wanted to experience a place other than a hotel.

Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

oops forgot to mention too that I've noticed that if you contact the hotels/pensions directly you are more likely to receive a better rate ... at least in my case it has. I've compared the prices I was quoted (via contacting the hotel myself by email) to the prices offered through expedia and other web sites.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:49 AM

YES! We stayed with Suzanne for 8 nights summer 2001 and it was great. Very nice and clean. Suzanne is actually an american and has lived in Fussen for many years. She is very "German" now. Very accomodating. If you are looking for a wonderful place to relax as a home base to see lots of great places this is it.

From Fussen we visited the Ludwig castles, the Zugespitz (sp) from the Austrian side, the Christ Church and many other little towns on the Romantik Road.

If you have the choice ask Suzanne for one of the rooms with the view of the Alps.

Have fun.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

LilyLace, Suzanne has asked me for a 1 night's deposit (check) to be mailed to her U.S. Bank. Did she ask the same of you?
Thanks!
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 05:09 PM

I have read many positive reviews about Suzanne's B&B. I have never stayed there, but I can tell you that five years ago it was not common for B&B's in Germany to ask for a deposit, but when I went to Germany last year everyone I dealt with wanted at least one night's deposit when we made the reservation. And most won't give it back if you cancel.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 05:15 PM

Our experience on our last few trips to Europe has been a one night deposit with no return if you cancel within a specified time, often two weeks or more before your arrival date. B &B owners repeatedly mentioned a problem with no-shows. The internet has made it easy to make reservations as well as to cancel-or not.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 08:08 AM

Katzen,

Actually I had forgotten, but yes we did mail a check - somewhere in the midwest I think. It made me nervous at the time but it was fine afterall!

Postal is right though, it's much more common for deposit requests these days. I travel to Germany (Europe) for
work several times a year and alot of places still won't even take your credit card before you check out. Kinda nice actually!

Old Feb 14th, 2007, 11:42 AM

Not sure if you've already made your reservations but I have stayed at Suzannes. She doesn't deserve the "rude" and "grouchy" descriptions. She is often businesslike and she runs a very lovely, clean, efficient B&B. Breakfast was wonderful and her breakfast room bright and cheery. She took time to sit down with us and help us plan our day to see the castle and other sites. We found her to be a delightful hostess.