We are a group of 7(4adults, 3 kids(12-16 yrs)) traveling to Spain/Portugal in 3rd week of March for 12 days.
This is our itinerary, all our stay is at apartments already booked.
Mar 23-26 Barcelona 3 nites
Mar 26-28 Valencia 2 nites
Mar 28-31 Seville 3 nites
Mar 31-Apr 3 Lisbon 3 nites
We plan on renting a car on the 26th to drive to Valencia and keep it till the end of out stay in Seville
Here is our confusion:
What is the best way to travel from Seville to Lisbon? We fly out from Lisbon on April 3.
We plan to use public transportation in Lisbon to explore the area
1. Keep the car and drop it off in Lisbon on the 31st, the cost is significantly higher to return the car in a different country (also, what is the realistic driving time?)
2. Take the Alsa bus from Seville to Lisbon (departs 3 pm and arrives 9.30 pm)
3. Drop the rental car to a city closer to the Portugal border so as to not incur big fees and take a bus to a city in Portugal and then get on a train to get to Lisbon, from Faro perhaps?
We have not booked any surface transportation yet and are looking for advice in doing so
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 2 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 3 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 8 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 9 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 10 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 14 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 15 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 16 The World's Greatest Churches
- 17 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 18 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 19 Malaga Christmas lights
- 20 Portugal
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 23 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 24 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 25 paris to london- day trip