Sundays in Sevilla/Granada

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've realized that I've planned our November trip so that we'll be in Sevilla on the 9th and Granada on the 16th, both Sundays. We will be in both towns for 3 days, but wanted some suggestions for Sunday activities. What exactly is closed on Sundays, and do resturants close on Sundays as they do here in Boston? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 06:53 PM

I've spent a bit of time on both cities and I really don't remember much difference. Each is tourist driven and aims to please. I wouldn't worry about it. In any case, if you went somewhere else would it be different? I guess we all have to live with our Sundays. But I must admit, it is a bit more difficult in the South US where in some places we still can't buy a beer on Sunday.
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 06:55 PM

An addenda to my earlier message: On the other hand, look at the plusses of a Sunday. the family paseos, the lunches, etc. It is really probably the best day of the week to experience the family culture of Spain!!
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 03:40 AM

And smoking in the front of Cathedral in Seville. Amazing!!! Smokers are everywhere. I hated Seville with its dirty streets and this church that was never cleaned and filthy room at the Simon hotel with one nusty man at the desk. There are so many great places in Andalucia. Get away from Seville on Sunday
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 08:48 PM

We had an absolutely magical day in Seville on a Sunday (Santa Semena to be exact). People were out strolling with families, musicians were everywhere. We were at the Plaza de Espana and a group of musicians were playing "Yesterday" while a woman nearby was singing along in Spanish.
Seville is one of the places I'm almost afraid to go back to because it was so incredibly magical the first time.

Don't worry. Sunday will be fine! More than fine! (WE'll be in Granada the following Sunday--the 23rd).

Have a great trip!
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 07:19 AM

I returned this week from a tour which included a Saturday and Sunday in Seville. All the shops are closed on Sundays but all the restaurants/bars seemed to be open the same as on Saturday. It is a big family day in Spain and people pass their time eating and strolling with their whole families. I think all the Cathedrals were shut though. However there are still the tourist things like the open top bus tours, boat trips and horse and carriage rides. It's very pleasant really - more relaxed.