Sunday lunch in London?

Jan 27th, 2003, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

Sunday lunch in London?

I am traveling to London with my husband and two sons, ages 12 and 14, in March. I thought it might be fun to try a traditional Sunday lunch with a carvery. Does anyone have recommendations of where we could go that is a good value and not too formal? Thanks!
Jan 27th, 2003, 09:19 AM

I just brought an older thread to the top for you "Traditional English food in London. . . "
I highly recommend Maggie Jones (but no real carvery). I've received a number of emails from Fodorites who have responded that they followed by suggestion and loved it.
There was a similar topic just a week ago, but not in the search engine yet. If you want you could scroll down a few hundred posts and probably find it. It had Sunday dinner in the title and part of the thread had to do with the main meal being called lunch, not dinner.
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Patrick. This suggestion sounds good, and I haven't come across Maggie Jones in my search so far, so I appreciate it.
Jan 28th, 2003, 05:51 AM

Simpsons in the Strand is well worth a visit. It is not as formal as it looks and their Roast Beef is to die for.

http://www.the-savoy-group.com/simpsons/default.asp

Search this Thread