Due to work and flight schedules, the last day of our trip will be a Sunday in Madrid.
I hoped to do some shopping / window shopping (little food gifts, shoes, leather gloves, little house accessories & trinkets, etc) and souvenirs but I know that many shops are closed on Sundays. I was wondering what (if any) shops you could mention (or areas) to challenge on a Sunday? We’ll be staying very close to the Corte Ingles department near Plaza de Santa Ana. I know that we’ll do some (window) shopping there and at the Mercado de San Miguel near by. Are there any other stores which are worth a visit and are open in the city centre and Gran Via area?
El Corte Inglés Preciados
Mercado de San Miguel
Convento de Corpus Cristi (for cookies)
El Rastro (not really into flea markets though)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to See Flamenco
- 2 Rail vs. Plane
- 3 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 4 Arezzo - how much time?
- 5 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 6 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 7 2 week May trip with kids
- 8 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 11 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 12 New Years in France
- 13 Easter Week in Italy
- 14 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 15 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 16 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 17 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 18 Which Aran Island??
- 19 Spain or Portugal
- 20 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 21 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 22 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 23 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 24 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 25 9 day trip to France