sunday dining in Gordes

Jun 9th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

sunday dining in Gordes

2 friends and I will be arriving around 3:00 p.m. in Gordes on a Sunday and i'm wondering if anyone knows of a restaurant in Gordes that is open on Sunday night? After traveling from Paris, I think we're just going to want to walk to town and have a relaxing dinner. Our Mas des Romarins is walking distance to town.

merci
Jun 10th, 2011, 10:50 AM

We had a Sunday dinner at Le Provencal in Gordes. They had an open fire pizza oven from which they served us a wonderfully crisped shin chicken. The frites that accompanied the chicken also bring back memories as being amongst the best we have had in France. The dining room was not overly charming but pleasant. The terrace overlooks the chateau across the square and there are a few tables out there. Their website http://www.le-provencal.fr/ does not give the opening hours. The Gordes website http://www.gordes-village.com/html/l...staurant2.html shows they are still open for Sunday dinner. We were there about 9 years ago and things do change. Check with you hotel, they will know what the current situation is and also to make a reservation. Have a wonderful trip.

If you do eat there please post back on what you think. If it is still good we might include a stop for lunch on a day trip to the Luberon during our 2 week stay in Uzes this September.
Jun 10th, 2011, 02:59 PM

We have stayed at Mas Des Romarins twice. Both times we were very pleased with the dinners they served. As I recall, they only serve about 4 nights a week though. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.
Jun 12th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Romarins doesn't serve dinner on Sunday so that's why i'm looking for a place. I will defintely check out Provencal. Merci!

Search this Thread