I am new to Fodors and looking for a little advice.
We are a family of 5 travelling in late July early August for 17 nights in Portugal.
We plan on flying to Porto to spend 2 Nights. Then Evora for 3 nights. We are then going to Lisbon where we will meet another family of 4. Stay there for 3 nights. We then want to spend 6 nights in the Algarve and back to Lisbon for the rest of our trip befor flying home.
I have a few questions and any help or advice would be appreciated.
Should I drive from Porto to Evora and then to Lisbon or take a train? I don't think I'd like to take the bus. The same question goes for the Algarve. Also what is the best area to stay in the Algarve and do I need a car to go from town to town? Or should I pick an area and stay put? We like going to the beach but also exploring and seeing things.
Thanks alot for any help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 2 two days in rome
- 3 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 4 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 5 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 6 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 7 Avignon
- 8 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 9 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 15 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 16 Budget trip
- 17 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 18 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Provence Trip Report
- 23 8 months around Europe
- 24 Tentative Spain/France Basque region itinerary
- 25 9 Day Paris & Rome with Family