Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Suggestn's for stops on train trip from Paris to Madrid??

Suggestn's for stops on train trip from Paris to Madrid??

Feb 25th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Line

Suggestn's for stops on train trip from Paris to Madrid??

I am going to be in Spain from June 25-Aug 11 2001 with a friend ( attending classes at the University of Salamanca) but would love to possibly fly into Paris and take the train down to Madrid. I have been to Paris twice, but my friend has never been there. So of course, we are going to stay in wonderful Paris for a few days ( I could stay forever!). We are thinking about taking a train trip from Paris to Madrid before going to Salamanca. Does anyone have any ideas where we should stop along the way traveling Paris to Madrid? Any great places in southern France? Is Lourdes fantastic? Or Toulouse? Provence area? Bilbao? I would geatly appreciate any help you could give us, two Florida Gators. Thanks.

Feb 25th, 2001, 10:58 PM
Debbie Lee

Hi... I am also interested in this information too. I have plotted from Paris, by rail map, to go down to Lyon for a couple of days, then Avignon for 2, then across to Barcelona for 2 then on to Madrid. It looks okay on paper, but would really like to hear from anyone their thoughts... It would be in the May, so temperature thoughts too would be nice! Will try to find my original message for some help, too! Thanks!!

Search this Thread