My family with 2 children would be visiting Lake Annecy region for 3 days in May.
I need some help in shortlisting a good BnB/hotel with character and charm around Lake Annecy region. We would like to stay in a place with scenic beauty and ideally wouldnt want to stay in any of the hotels mentioned in Annecy -think they are too modern for our taste. I have liked BnBs like Champ Pelaz in Thusy, Le Cottage Bise in Talloires, La Terraces Du Lac in Veyrier Du Lac and few other hotels in Haute Savoie region. Now I'm confused about whether to stay in a lovely looking BnB but in a far-off place like Champ Pelaz in Thusy and yet be able to visit Lake Annecy and Chamonix easily or settle for a not-so-charming-hotel and stay inside Annecy town in any of the Mercure/BestWestern kind of standard hotels.
Need all kinds of suggestions regarding driving around to and from these far-off-places Vs ease of sight-seeing etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 2 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 3 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 4 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 5 Tips for first trip to UK
- 6 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 12 Portugal
- 13 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 14 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 paris to london- day trip
- 17 GTG Paris December 2017
- 18 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 19 10 Days in Austria
- 20 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 21 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 22 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 23 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 24 Christmas Markets 2017
- 25 Le Marche Research Help