My family of six including 4 teenagers (19 and 17) will be in Scotland for a family celebration July 9-16. We have a 8-10 days on the front end of the trip that we can use to visit another destination. We've spent other vacations in Spain, Italy, Paris and London with the kids.
I am looking for a recommendation of a location that might be easy for us to fly from the US (west coast) and then from that location to Edinburgh. Since the weather in Scotland will probably be a lot like the Pacific NW, I was looking for a location that might provide a bit of warmth and possibly water/adventure as well as great food, culture and some history.
My initial thought was Croatia, but I am having a hard time wrapping my arms around an itinerary that I think the kids would enjoy. I thought about Greece, but not sure we have enough time to do it justice. I am a little short on time to plan this extra part of the trip compared to our other travels so I am also looking for a recommendation of a location that might be easy to pull together a vacation.
Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self Drive UK tour
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 4 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 5 Airport Transfer
- 6 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 7 Rail vs. Plane
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Where to See Flamenco
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Arezzo - how much time?
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 2 week May trip with kids
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 20 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 21 New Years in France
- 22 Easter Week in Italy
- 23 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 24 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 25 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help