Suggestions on Hotels in Paris

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions on Hotels in Paris

Thank you to all of you who suggested my husband and I go to Paris on our trip to London! We are definitely going. Now to the decision on the hotel. I had a couple of suggestions but wanted to put the hotel suggestion on here again to get some more feedback on that specifically.

We are only there for one night so we would like to be in close proximity to the major tourist spots. Our price range is around $200-$300 (US).

Any suggestions would be helpful. I promise to help others out after our trip!
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:59 PM

In your other post, these hotels were mentioned or recommended to you:

Hotel la Bourdonnais, in the 7th was mentioned by MaureenB...

Hotel Artus in St Germain (6th), the Select Hotel right on Sorbonne Square(5th), and Hotel Duminy Vendome near place Vendome and the Louvre (1st) were mentioned by Christina... she provided the hotel websites as well.
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 11:14 AM
ira

Hi M,

You can find all of your posts by clicking on your name.

Old Feb 6th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Thank you...I'm new to this so I did not know how to look back on my past posts!
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 07:49 AM

You might also consider the Brighton Hotel on Rue de Rivoli, 218 Rue de Rivoli); http://www.esprit-de-france.com/pres...?lang=EN&id=7]. If you can get a renovated room facing the Tuileries Garden, the view is magical for first timers to Paris. Or at least they were for us. Cost was 165 Euro/day for us last September.

KC
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:00 AM

The further you get from the middle of any city, the better accommodation you will find for a given price. I have stayed in a 4* suite in Antony for 135€. You can get from Notre Dame to Antony or the Eiffel Tower in about the same time.

You can have either central location or value for money, but not both. It's an individual choice.
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:12 AM

Well, for my money and for one night, I would want to be as central as possible. Some really nice hotels that you can get for up to 300 USD have recently been discussed on this forum.

Do you know how to use the search function? Put "Paris Hotel" in the search box, and you will get more recommendations than you can investigate.

I try to use this forum along with the reviews on tripadvisor.com to cross reference recommendations. Good luck to you!
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:14 AM

Despite what is written above, there is no reason why you can not book a central location and have it be of value. There are many reasonable accommodations in Paris, check out the suggestions here and if you are thrilled with them, ask for more!
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Pausanias

I can highly recommend the Hotel Madison. It's only a short walk to the Louvre, d'Orsay, Cluny, Notre Dame etc. We were there in December. Click on my name and scroll down to the trip report.

Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:24 AM

Yes, there are some very nice hotels in the city. As a general principle, though, the higher a hotelier's land cost, the less you get for your money.
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 09:05 AM

I agree about the Madison, especially given its excellent location for anyone in Paris only briefly.
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM

My vote is Villa d'Estrees in the 6th, one block from the Seine and right by the St. Michel metro stop, which will take you anywhere. The neighborhood is filled with cafes, shops, etc. -- lots of charm -- and very central. It's a wonderful hotel in your price range: http://www.paris-hotel-latin-quarter.com/index.html.