As a part of my upcoming Italy trip in May, I will be staying in Florence 4 complete days. I am really confused over planning my time. My initial plan is as follows :
-> Dedicate 2 full days to Florence. Something on these lines : reidsitaly.com/destinations/...
-> Day trip on 3rd day to Lucca and Pisa (I don't want to leave without visiting and climbing the tower)
-> Day Trip on 4th day to Siena (Have heard superb reviews about Siena)
However considering the above itinerary I feel that time in Florence is not enough. With the above itinerary, I would miss on biggies like Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, San lorenzo , Bargello etc.
1. Is the above itinerary(in the link I shared) for Florence too fast, i.e. can I also fit in Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, Bargello in the 2 days?
2. Should I take out the half day from Lucca and give it to Florence?
3. Can I add San Gimignano with the day trip to Siena. Is public transport available to make it feasible?
Also, what according to you could be the best way to spend these 4 days.
P.S. It is my first time to Europe, and we are two 23 year old guys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European honeymoon help needed
- 2 Portugal
- 3 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 4 10 days in europe
- 5 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 Tips for first trip to UK
- 8 land vs river cruise
- 9 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 10 Where to stay in Naples?
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 14 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 15 Browsing Barcelona
- 16 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna