Suggestions for Paris in April-Honeymoon

Mar 6th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Carmen

Suggestions for Paris in April-Honeymoon

Hello, Can anyone give me advice on hotels, restaurants and sights(other than the obvious) for my April honeymoon....I don't have much time and am a bit aprehensive about it since 4 Star hotels in Europe are not what is normally expected in the U.S.
Also-what would you consider "good deals" on hotel stays and what are the best areas to stay in.....Thanks.

Mar 6th, 2002, 02:23 PM
kate

Carmen, are you just now thinking about this or do you have some sort of plans already? Have you ever been to Paris? Do you know anything about Paris?Let us know and more advice will be coming.

Mar 6th, 2002, 02:44 PM
xxx

if you mean April 2002 you need to panic. the best and better smaller hotels are booked sometimes many months in advance. try www.paris-tourism.com; www.ticketavenue.com for starts. arrondissements 1-8 are most centrally located. hotels are rated 1-4 stars, which ascend according to, among other things, the amenities. the 4* are comparable to, if not better than, any hotels on the planet.

Mar 6th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Christina

Are you talking about April 2002?

I don't agree with you at all about 4-star hotels in Paris being inferior to what one would "expect" in the US. There aren't that many 4-star hotels in Paris and I think in general, the French rating system is pretty good. I wish we had as reliable a one in the US, where we have NONE except what commercial sites want to make up. There are some countries where the star ratings are inflated in comparison to Europe IMO, like Mexico.

The best area to stay for tourists and first-timers is in central Paris not far from your sightseeing (quarters 1 or 4-8 IMO). This is true in any city I visit for tourism. Areas with 4-star hotels are more limited; there aren't hardly any in the 5th, for example.

Mar 6th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Ken

You do need to hurry, but don't panic - there are lots of great hotels in Paris. A four star in Paris, by the way, should be the cat's meow. Very nice. As to locales, while you can't really go too far wrong anywhere, I personally think the Left Bank is the most romantic. I'd go for the 6th or 7th Arrondisement, myself. I'd check a few of the listings from Fodors in that area and start sending emails to promising ones. The Montelembart is great, Relais St Sulpice is cute and friendly, Buci Latin is hip and trendy ... Kinda depends what you like and what you're looking for. As to sights and restaurants, there are a million great postings on here. Just do a search for Paris restaurants.

Mar 6th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Carmen

Thanks for your responses!!!!
Yes, this April...yes, I'm panicked. Thank my wondeful fiance. Anyway....the following have been recommended by our travel agent and a co-worker who knows Paris well. Let me know what you think:

1. Lotti Jolly-4star-"nice" according to travel agent.
2. Hotel du Louvre-highly recommended by co-worker-good reviews in Fodor's & Frommer's.
3. Hotel Scribe-recommended on the posts

If you guys have any other suggestions, they are highly welcomed. I do have a good fair on AA, direct from Miami to CDG....so our concern is where to stay-we want romance, safe area, good nightlife and clean-spacious room(if such exists) for a good deal....
Thanks much!!!

Mar 6th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Carmen

P.S. First time for me. Fiance has been b4-12 years ago.

thanks again...