We are planning our honeymoon for 9 days in Spain in mid-September. We are in our late 20s. I have been skimming my guidebook and searching countless websites, and I am just having a lot of trouble deciding on only a few places! Originally, the idea was to start at a beach resort for 2-3 days, then head to Barcelona. Now we have a few extra days on the end of our trip. so I wanted to add a 3rd destination. And we might want the "resort" one to involve a little more afterall!. We tried to do 3 cities in Italy last year with only a 7 day trip, and it was a little too rushed. Plus, we want our honeymoon to be a more relaxed trip.
My top picks so far are: Barcelona, Madrid, San Sebastian/Bilbao, Valencia, Sevilla, or Alicante. We love hip cities, food, wine, beer, outdoors, architecture, hiking, swimming, and amazing views. We are not so much into the museum or cathedral scene, though we will probably choose a few major ones to see over the course of the trip. We will be traveling primarily by rail. I was also starting to look into some coves or Algar Waterfalls as a possibility, instead of a traditional beach, during the first 2 relaxation days.
Please let me know what you think would be the most appropriate for us to see/do. I'm so excited! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER I8OO:57O:I233 INSTALLATION CONTACT LEXMARK Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Malaga Christmas lights
- 3 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 Trans Siberian Train
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 Scotland ideas
- 9 land vs river cruise
- 10 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 11 London vacation rental agency
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 14 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 15 South of France
- 16 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 19 My France Vacation
- 20 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 21 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 22 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 23 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 24 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 25 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria