French train e-ticket kiosks

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an e-ticket for train travel from Charles de Gaulle airport to Beanue, France, with a connection at Dijon Ville station. My question: when I use the e-ticket kiosk at CDG airport, can I print both tickets (CDG to Dijon and Dijon to Beanue) at that time? My fear is that my 11 minute connection time in Dijon won't be sufficient to stop and use a kiosk to print my Dijon to Beaune ticket there.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, you can pick up any ticket that you have ordered out of any machine. Does your credit card have a microchip? If not, you will have to get your tickets from the ticket office.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Sorry for the ignorance, but what kind of a microchip - and is there a way to tell if my credit card does have one? Does the credit card used in the kiosks have to be the same one used to purchase the tickets?
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:40 AM

Most (maybe all?) European credit cards have microchips, but some US/Canadian ones don't, but they are becoming more common. Your bank should be able to tell you. Yes you should use the same credit card. If you don't have it you'll have to go to the office, with id.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:45 AM

To be able to use the machine, your card should have a visible bronze colored metallic chip on the right center of the card. If it does not have that, you can forget the ticket machines.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM

QUESTION about e-tickets. We have prepaid. We just input our e-ticket number and print ticket. We don't need a credit card. Can we get both tickets: ticket CDG to Lyon Part Dieu and then the ticket to Orange. We have 20 minutes to transfer from TGV to TER. Will we have trouble with the Kiosk? Can we get both tickets (which are under the same e-ticket number)at CDG?
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 10:38 AM

I don't really understand why you can't print the ticket right now instead of waiting to get there if it is an e-ticket. THey are supposed to send it to you by email. However, if you don't or can't for some reason, you can print any ticket you want at CDG, it doesn't matter where the ticket is for.

I've never done it, maybe someone else knows for sure, but I think you cannot print it at the machines in the train station without using the credit card you bought it with.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 11:10 AM

Any tickets paid for by a card will show up on the screen of any SNCF machine in France (and some in Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland), which will ask you if you want to print everything. If you have bought 20 tickets, the machine can pop out 20 tickets for the next 3 months.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 11:57 AM

<<<i> Christina on Feb 27, 13 at 1:38pm: I don't really understand why you can't print the ticket right now instead of waiting to get there if it is an e-ticket...</i>>>

That's what we have done in the past and it was no problem. The one time I waited until arriving at the station to print the tickets it was Murphy's Law all over the place and we nearly missed our train.