Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for hotel in Vitznau, Weggis or Brunnen

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Carole

Does anyone have any suggestions for hotels in Vitznau, Weggis or Brunnen? We will be there for three nights next month and I want to make the reservation real soon. Thanks for your help.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Rex

I think we may have corresponded about this before - - but I loved Hotel Albana in Weggis - - September 2000.

Classy, great views of the lake, huge windows in the rooms, excellent restaurant.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 05:42 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Carole
Found that last fall when planning a
trip, it looked very interesting and
had a variety of different plans, check
into the HOTEL ALBANA in Weggis, go into
www.albana-weggis.ch/, get the english
version. Richard of LaGrange Park, Il/
Would appreciate your comments.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Carole

Thanks for the replies Rex and Rich. I have just emailed the Hotel Albana to see if they have availability. Their website looked beautiful! Rex, you were right we did correspond before my company came. They left and so did my mind. Now back to working on my trip. Thanks again for your help.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 08:25 PM
ttt

to the top

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Julie

If price is not an object, look into Park Hotel in Vitznau. It is beautiful. Lovely grounds, superlative public rooms, great food. Have not seen the rooms but cannot imagine that they are anything other than top drawer. This is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever been in.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 07:26 AM
carole

Julie, thanks for the suggestion. I did email them yesterday and I am waiting to hear from them. Hopefully all works out. Thanks again! Carole

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 08:12 AM
sandra

ttt

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 11:13 PM
Carole

I haven't been too successful with booking a hotel. The Hotel Albano is booked and the Vitznau Park Hotel is just too expensive for us. Anyone have other suggestions?

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 11:13 PM
Carole

I haven't been too successful with booking a hotel. The Hotel Albano is booked and the Vitznau Park Hotel is just too expensive for us. Anyone have other suggestions? Thanks.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 12:01 AM
Ursula

Carole: You'll find a list with some hotels cheaper than the Vitznau Park Hotel here:
http://www.vitznau.ch/english/index_hotel_e.html

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 12:35 PM
tina

Hi Carole--

I just reserved 4 nights in Weggis for mid-May in the Gotthard Hotel. Its a 3 star, small, cozy, family-run hotel that sits right by the lake. We found their balcony/lakeview rooms very reasonable. Check out their website: www.gotthard-weggis.ch.

Good Luck!

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Carole

Hi Tina, Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out the website and it looks beautiful. I sent them an email requesting availability for my dates. I will let you know how I make out. Thanks to all the others who have made suggestions!

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 09:12 PM
Carole

Hi Tina, I heard back from the SeeHotel Gotthard and I made my reservation. Thanks for the tip. I will let you know how it goes. Carole

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Tina

Hi Carole--

That's great...I would love to hear about your experiences with the hotel as well as Weggis. I just can't wait for our trip in May! Have fun!