We are planning a skiing trip to Courcheval (have been going for many years) and we will be travelling with our two young boys (aged 4 and 6).
We are travelling from South Africa and always like to go somewhere in Europe for a week beforehand. We were thinking about London, Paris or somewhere in Italy, however we have been to all three numerous times already. I thought of trying somewhere new this time, but don't know enough about the cities that are "chlid-friendly" for this visit. I'd love to visit Belguim, Switzerland or Germany but I'm not 100% sure that there is a lot to keep the kids entertained here?
My question is where would you suggest we visit in Europe that:
a) isn't too far from The French Alps (travelling really long distances between locations with kids is a nightmare)
b) Is somewhere that the kids will really enjoy (having some cultural attractions but not limited to only museums and castles etc...)
Any suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Le Marche Research Help
- 2 Help with Venice Trip?
- 3 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 4 10 Days in Austria
- 5 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 6 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 7 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 8 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 9 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 10 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Greece in end October
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 17 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 18 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 23 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.