My wife and I are leaving for Italy next week and want to get some last minute suggestions on our itinerary. We are starting off with a few days in Dubrovnik and then taking the ferry to Bari. From Bari we will have a car rental for eight days before we drop off the car in Palermo.
We were considering driving west to Positano on the Amalfi coast for two nights but are trying to decide if it’s worth the extra five hours of driving. It seems like there are so many other beautiful places on the way to Siciliy that aren’t as touristy (or expensive).
We are trying to get a mix of culture, beaches (hopefully it’s warm), hiking, good food, good people, and relaxation by staying in some spots for at least two nights. We only know basic Italian phrases.
So far without Positano we are considering the following stops:
Is it worth a day trip to Lipari or another island?
Any recommendations on food, lodging, or other towns to consider is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 2 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 3 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 4 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 5 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 6 land vs river cruise
- 7 10 days in europe
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 European honeymoon help needed
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Portugal
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 16 Where to stay in Naples?
- 17 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 18 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 19 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 20 Browsing Barcelona
- 21 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Croatia in mid/late October
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome