Planning to take the family (my wife, her mother, 3 kids who will be 6, 4 & 2, and myself) to France in September/October 2014.
We're hoping to stay in a village around 30km from Lyon and have the following wish list:
Small, picturesque village with good food/wine;
Rural rather than tourist trap;
Close to a canal.
There's a few others specific to the accommodation (at least 4 bedrooms, pool etc), but they're the main ones we'd like.
Has anyone got any suggestions based on your experiences of the area?
Regarding the accommodation, hoping to hire a house (perhaps thru Wimdu or similar), any suggestions about that gratefully received also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 4 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 7 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 8 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 9 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 12 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 13 The World's Greatest Churches
- 14 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 15 Recommendations for 3 night golf package in the ALgarve
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 18 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 19 Shall we Gdansk?
- 20 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 21 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 22 Best Greek Island
- 23 5 days in Andalusia
- 24 Malaga Christmas lights
- 25 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?