Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for 1 night farm/villa stay in Tuscany in late Sep?

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 01:25 PM
Cassie

My husband and I want to stay only one night (time constraints prevent a longer stay) in Tuscany at a farm or villa or B&B that serves dinner and has gorgeous views. I've read about some possibilities in guide books, but would rather take reccommendations from this forum. Any personal experiences that don't break the bank (less than $150.00 per night) would be appreciated! Thanks so much! Cassie

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 02:12 PM
sherry

My suggestion is Borgo Pretale (sp?) which is a hotel with a tower but I believe was once a 14C village in and of itself. It is near Sovicille which is about 40 minutes from Siena. I also believe it is featured in Hotels of Charm. I only ate dinner there, but it was fantastic. I would love to stay in one of the tower rooms. The grounds are beautiful. You can check out their websight.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 02:47 PM
Louise

Also check out Fattoria Voltrona

http://www.voltrona.com/servlet/volt.../index_en.html

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 04:20 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Cassie, There are dozens like. Just where will you be? Tuscany is very large.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 06:04 AM
Cassie

Bob, my plans are to rent a car Sunday morning (from Florence)and drive around Tuscany--no real itinerary--just a relaxing day discovering the countryside and small towns. Wherever I end up spending the night is probably where I will determine where we drive. I will return the car back to Florence the following afternoon (Monday). From Florence we'll take the train to Vernazza. Thanks for any suggestions you might have! Cassie

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 06:28 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

CASSIE, OK---given one day from Flornce I would do San Gimignano and Volterra. Go to www.sangimignano.com and look at many good options. I like the the Villa San Paolo north of town and the Antico Pozzo in town, but you decide among the many good choices. Good luck !