Suggested Itinerary for Four Days in Copenhagen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ll be vacationing in beautiful Copenhagen for four days—May 15th – May 18th. I would love to hear suggestions for things to do/see during the day. I love interesting architecture (both historic and contemporary), art,etc. I know I must see Tivoli and am also interested in the Jewish Museum and going out to the Louisiana museum. What else are the “must see’s?”

Thanks.
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 12:37 PM

-Take a canal tour (Gives a good overview of the city and its history, and you'll get to see the famous Little Mermaid!)
-stroll along Nyhavn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:C...gen_nyhavn.jpg)
-stroll through Stroget (longest pedestrian shopping street in Europe, but also lots of little cafes and restaurants)
-go up the Round Tower for a view of the city
-tour Christianshavn Palace
-go to Amelienborg Palace (home of the royal family) for changing of the guards
-go to Christiania ("free state" - like a hippy commune in the middle of the city)
-Some museums I've never been to but I hear are good: Ny Carlsberg Glypotek and the Dansk Design Centre
-Carlsberg Brewery Tour
-Also, if you're willing to go a little outside the city, go to Helsingor (about an hour away by train) to tour Kronborg (Hamlet's)Castle

Hahaha ok those are a lot of "must-sees" for four days If I had to recomend several things in order for you to enjoy the beautiful architecture it would be the canal tour (check out the new opera house and the royal library that looks like a big black diamond!)
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 12:37 PM

-Take a canal tour (Gives a good overview of the city and its history, and you'll get to see the famous Little Mermaid!)
-stroll along Nyhavn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:C...gen_nyhavn.jpg)
-stroll through Stroget (longest pedestrian shopping street in Europe, but also lots of little cafes and restaurants)
-go up the Round Tower for a view of the city
-tour Christianshavn Palace
-go to Amelienborg Palace (home of the royal family) for changing of the guards
-go to Christiania ("free state" - like a hippy commune in the middle of the city)
-Some museums I've never been to but I hear are good: Ny Carlsberg Glypotek and the Dansk Design Centre
-Carlsberg Brewery Tour
-Also, if you're willing to go a little outside the city, go to Helsingor (about an hour away by train) to tour Kronborg (Hamlet's)Castle

Hahaha ok those are a lot of "must-sees" for four days If I had to recomend several things in order for you to enjoy the beautiful architecture it would be the canal tour (check out the new opera house and the royal library that looks like a big black diamond!), and a stroll through Nyhavn, Stroget, and just the streets in general to take all the beauty in
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 12:38 PM

Ooops, accidently posted that twice - the first time I cut myself off...
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Wow, Erin, you're the best! I forgot to list Hamlet's Castle as one of the places I knew I wanted to see (my old English teacher would never forgive me if I left that one out).
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 01:09 PM

Thanks! I lived there for six months (did a semester abroad while I was in university) and that time was not long enough! I absolutely LOVE Copenhagen and wish I could go back. I hope you love it as much as I do - let me know if you have any other questions about it!