Search

Suggested itinerary for Berlin, Brussels, & Prague

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggested itinerary for Berlin, Brussels, & Prague

Hello,

Happy New Year! My brother & I along with some friends are interested in visiting Berlin, Brussels, & Prague for 10-12 days end of May/beginning of June 2014 and have never been to any of these countries (not our first time to Europe). We have done some research on other cities to also see in Germany & Belgium. We are completely lost on which country to fly into first and how to go about traveling to the others. I have looked at the train schedule on bahn.com. Would anyone be able to suggest on how to go about planning a trip with the countries we're interested in? We are foodies, love outdoor activities, arts/culture, medieval history, and taking day trips.

Thinking of visiting Bruge, Munich, & maybe Frankfurt however have not finished finalizing our itinerary and need advice & ideas. For example, do we fly into Berlin, stay a few days, then take either plane or train to Brussels, stay a few days, then head to Germany?

Would appreciate any feedback...thank you so much...

Lena
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 08:59 PM
kja

A good guide book or two should serve you very well. For a 10-12 day trip, you should probably limit yourself to AT MOST 3 destinations. Unfortunately, none of us can tell you what you and your friends will find most interesting, so you really need to do a bit more research.

Enjoy your planning!
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 10:05 PM

As per kja, don't try to cram too much in to a short time. Three CITIES (not countries) for that amount of time are more than enough, in fact, I'd go so far as to suggest just Berlin and Prague for this time around. And you could throw in Dresden for a night or two.

Why not fly in to Berlin, spend 5 nights (4 full days, allowing for a little jet lag on day 1) so you can explore the city and do a day trip (Sachsenhausen or Sanssouci depending on your interests). Then take a short train ride to Dresden, spend 1-2 nights, then the train to Prague and spend the rest of your time there. Again, time for a day trip or two. Then fly out of Prague.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 02:12 AM

I'm confused. Are you going to Berlin, Brussels, and Prague or Bruges, Munich, and Frankfurt?

First decide where you're going. Then look at airfares to those cities and see where you have the best options. Then take trains between locations. With 12 days I would visit Berlin and Prague and leave the rest for other trips.

As far as day trips, you only have 12 days maximum and are looking at 3 cities for each itinerary. You don't have any time for day trips. I'm not clear why "day trips" is a sightseeing criterion.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your suggestions, very much appreciated. Bruges, Munich, Frankfurt were just ideas if we had time to train to, to see other cities. Brussels was really my brother's idea since he has always wanted to visit there. It looks as though I need to discuss with the others what exactly they wish to see and so forth. Again, thanks for the ideas. I definitely need to research a bit more