one day in naples

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 12:07 PM
jobart

one day in naples

would like to go to capri and anacapri any suggestions? thanks

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Linda

I don't know what your question is. From Naples, ferry or hydrofoil to Capri, then visit Capri and Anacapri. Please come back with more informaiton on what you're looking for.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 11:20 PM
D.

capri an anacapri are perfect for one day trips, you can see everything, just start early enough in the morning around 8ish, the water and things are expensive there because it's very turisty but well worth it, make sure you wear comfortable shoes because all the great things to see are downhill, so then you have to go back up...the water is beautiful, and the Grotta Avura (blue brotto) is well worth seeing but depends on the tide..in any case bring your own water and a camera with plenty of film.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 05:24 AM
Lisa

We went to Capri and Anacapri on our days that our cruise stopped there. We left early in the morning,(as soon as we could) caught the first hydrofoil out (quicker than the ferry), took a taxi up to the blue Grotto but could not get in as the tides were too high/water was too rough. The taxi driver had waited for us and took us to Anacapri where we took the chairlift (not to be missed) to the top, (just beating the tour buses from the cruise. We spent an hour walking around Anacapri. Then we took the funicular down to Capri town. We took a 1:10 hydrofoil back to Naples (which dropped us off in a different area that where we had left from. so if you are planning only to go to Capri,allow enough time for that possibility ). <BR><BR>We then took a cab to Herculaneum (negotiate with the cabdriver and ask him to wait for you). At Herculaneum we used a guide waiting at the entrance (also negotiate, we still landed up paying more than other friends) and had a short 1 hour tour of Herculaneum which is quite compact and easy to do in a short time. tTke water into Herculaneum (or buy it from the store across the road from the entrance before you go in.) There is none available inside.<BR><BR>I know you asked only about Capri but I wnated to show you that there is more than enough time to go to Capri and we even had enough time to see Herculaneum as well. Capri was definitely a highlight of our cruise and I did not want to miss Herculaneum or Pompeii either.<BR><BR>I have seen your various posts for cruise stops and think you may be on a similar cruise to the one we did. (Celebrity Millenium , Istanbul to Barcelona) for more information about our cruise and private guides that we used, go to<BR>http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&amp;s=927093444&amp;f=147097554&am p;m=7033095932<BR><BR>Enjoy your cruise

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 04:09 AM
D.

Sorry for the typos..Blue Grotto...