Reload this Page >

Stylish women's clothes in Italy this summer

Old Jul 20th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fashionistas....
I remember at some point in the last two years someone (or several people) posted pictures of what women in Paris were wearing that spring. It was really fun to look at the pictures and useful to plan my trip (tip: boots were in!)
I am headed to Rome and Assisi/Spoleto/Perugia in a month and was wondering if anyone happened to snap any shots of stylish women's outfits in Italy if they would post them. I do realize this will be a hassle for anyone, so if no one feels like it, not to worry! I keep googling...."what women are wearing in Rome 2012" but I get "ancient dress in Italy." I do know this question has been posted many times, and yes, I have read many of the posts...in particular...I was hoping to see a pix or two. Again, not to worry if you are not up for it! Thanks to anyone in advance and I do apologize for raising a conversation that has been discussed many times. Happy travels.
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 06:44 PM

Whatever those pictures show, make sure they show some pictures of what women wear in July.

The average high is around 90 daily.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...nthly/ITXX0067
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 06:45 PM
ez1

Susan, google "rome street fashion", or rome street style..amd move over to "images" if you want to see more. Looks like tight jeans, fitted clothes... Long flowy skirts for an evening out...
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 06:57 PM

Last month it was in the high 90's and 100F while we were there and miserable so the word stylish was kinda lost on all of us. Personally I would wear comfortable sandals or shoes and sleeveless dresses to stay cool.
August and early September are traditionally very hot and humid in Rome and Southern Italy which is why alot of storekeepers and restaurants are closed as they leave for their beach holidays.
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 10:54 PM

Try using the Advanced Search in Flickr - for example, these are supposedly all taken this month and noted with the word "Rome"...

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=rome...ll&adv=1&s=int

Add extra search words to refine the results as you will, but watch out for slopping tagging (and genuine mistakes) - many of these for instance seem to be from a fashion show in Berlin?

http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=int&...fashion&m=text

Peter
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 03:47 AM
Original Poster

You guys great suggestions. I started searching and came across this blog;
http://stylebydaniela.com/2012/07/08...wntown-rome-2/
Really fun to look at.
Peter - thanks for the advice on searching in Flickr - never thought of that.
ez1 - thanks for the tips on what to search, that opened up a lot to look at.
I know it's so hot there end of Aug and into Sept - that's when I usually go and weather like that does make me wilt, - but I still like to look, especially for something to wear at night. Thanks to you all...will make this rainy day in DC so much more fun.
Susan
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 07:01 AM

Last September the stylish young women in Rome were wearing sleeveless/cap sleeved shirts with wide enough necklines so that they were worn causually off one shoulder. I did not see any shorts, but they did wear short skirts and clingy knit trousers. It apparently didn't matter if bra straps showed, although the cute gal at the front desk where we stayed at least made sure hers was the same color as her shirt(s) -- which was, of course, black.