Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Stuff you wish you had taken, but didn't list (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/stuff-you-wish-you-had-taken-but-didnt-list-210862/)

Nancy May 1st, 2002 05:40 AM

Stuff you wish you had taken, but didn't list

Putting final packing list together and was just looking for suggetions of toiletries, clothing and miscellaneous items that people wish they had taken, but didn't.

Dina May 1st, 2002 05:54 AM

Are your eyes sensitive to light?<BR><BR>I forgot to take my fabric visor on a stretchy cord. It shades the face, but doesn't flatten the hair or look stupid like a baseball cap, or get mashed liked a straw hat. It weighs nothing, takes up no room, and I sure could've used it for long hours in the blindingly bright Greek/Italian/Egyptian sun. Sunglasses alone were barely adequate.

janis May 1st, 2002 05:56 AM

One thing I like to take which isn't on most folks lists is a small radio. Most do not have radios and sometimes I like to listen to the local music and news/talk programs to get a feel of the place. Nice to have along on picnics too.

more please May 1st, 2002 04:04 PM

ttt

TravelTummy May 1st, 2002 04:09 PM

Pepto-Bismal

kate May 1st, 2002 04:13 PM

bandaides<BR>immodium<BR> a scented candle,some hotel rooms smell musty<BR>I pack my things in plastic bags and I use the bags for dirty things on the way back<BR> drops for your eyes to keep the red out, smokey restos/bars make mine red.<BR>there are more but I am unable to think at this time:)<BR>

Carin May 1st, 2002 08:29 PM

nice post<BR>to the top<BR><BR>wish i had had more comfortbale shoes

Carin May 1st, 2002 08:30 PM

nice post<BR>to the top<BR><BR>wish i had had more comfortable shoes

sarah May 1st, 2002 09:23 PM

shower cap <BR>ear plugs<BR>actifed

xxxx May 2nd, 2002 04:18 AM

As a man who uses body powder after showering to prevent chaffing between the legs -- Shower to Shower, or similar, I wish I had taken some. I spent days in numerous pharmacies and supermarkets in Europe and could only find a couple of perfumed talcum powders, nothing like what I was looking for.

me too May 2nd, 2002 04:42 AM

<BR>lint brush<BR>small alarm clock<BR>little flashlight<BR>extra socks, ended up buying 'em 'cuse it rained so much!<BR>umbrella!<BR>

cd May 2nd, 2002 04:48 AM

Febreeze! My cotton sweaters smelled like smoke for the whole time we were gone!

top May 2nd, 2002 05:58 AM

ttt<BR>

Gail May 2nd, 2002 06:23 AM

A washcloth. Never had one in 3 countries, 8 cities in 2000.

richardab May 2nd, 2002 06:30 AM

large size band aids

nic May 2nd, 2002 08:04 AM

Those little hand wash wipes that you can carry in your bag/pocket.I find that in Europe-taking metro/busses whatever, I feel the need to wash my hands more often.

Dawn May 3rd, 2002 08:59 PM

I wish I had taken more prescription drugs. My husband and I both came down with severe sinus infections and the over the counter drugs in Italy are crap.

Gerry K May 4th, 2002 04:40 AM

13-gallon-type garbage bag (hotel bags are sooo tiny)<BR><BR>back scratcher (a NEW toilet bowl cleaner does the trick)<BR><BR>tote bag<BR><BR>bottle opener<BR><BR>extension cord<BR><BR>zip lock bags<BR><BR>slippers<BR><BR>small fan

Ted May 4th, 2002 04:50 AM

An extra pair of shoe laces for your shoes, or better yet replace them before you go, whether or not you think they need it.

Margo May 4th, 2002 05:17 AM

<BR>My husband!!!!