I am a college sophomore looking to study abroad the fall of my junior year. I am trying to decide where to go for study abroad, Copenhagen or the South of France (Strasbourg).
I have been to Europe once and went to Paris, London, and Amsterdam. I LOVED Amsterdam and Scandinavian culture, but I really did not like Paris too much (I thought it was dirty, cliche, and crowded). For this reason, I have always wanted to go abroad to somewhere in Scandinavia.
I love how clean it is, how modern, I love the fashion and how friendly people are. I am also a vegan, and the food in Scandinavia (modern food, not traditional Danish food like salted cod) tends to be very healthy and (at least) vegetarian-friendly. I also want to be in a place that is central in Europe, and is easy to travel to other countries.
However, I am in an advanced level French class right now and could (hypothetically) become fluent if I study abroad in a French speaking country , which is a goal of mine. Also, I am an Art History minor, which several people have told me that Strasbourg is a great place to go for art.
Ultimately, I want to know what people think about Copenhagen vs. Strasbourg (or the South of France in general) for study abroad based on these topics:
1. Healthy food/vegetarian friendly
2. Art and fashion dedicated
3. Friendliness of the people
4. Culture and immersion ability
5. General thoughts
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NFL Football Game
- 2 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 3 Airport Transfer
- 4 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 5 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 6 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 7 Which Aran Island??
- 8 Easter Week in Italy
- 9 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 12 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 Moscow Hotels
- 16 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Dublin to Donegal
- 20 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 21 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 22 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 23 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 24 Barcelona tour option help please
- 25 New Years in France