I've got a Type D French student visa that expires on June 20th 2016. I've been on my year abroad in Paris and I would like to stay in France over the summer before returning to London to complete my final year at university.
I'm from Trinidad and Tobago and I no longer need a visa for the Schengen zone since Trinidad signed a visa waiver with the EU last year. However, I'm assuming that once my French student visa runs out, I can't automatically transform from student into tourist and I obviously don't want to overstay the student visa.
So far I've called the OFII office (where I had to register when I got here) and they were no help. The French embassy in London doesn't deal with visa matters anymore as they've outsourced it to a private company so no help there. I flew to London last weekend for an event and asked the border control officer when I re-entered France but he also wasn't able to help.
All I can think to do is to leave France around June 19th just before my visa expires and go to London. Then I can re-enter France shortly after as a visitor. Does anybody know if this will be alright? I'd like to be sure that I have all the relevant stamps in my passport so I'm not seen as having overstayed the student visa. Much thanks in advance for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 7 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 8 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 11 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 12 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 13 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 14 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 15 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 16 Current plan for March trip
- 17 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 18 Spain in 2018
- 19 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 20 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 21 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 22 First time in Spain
- 23 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 24 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga