Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Stu Dudley's Provence Guide available? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/stu-dudleys-provence-guide-available-943549/)

freedom2011 Jul 19th, 2012 04:54 PM

Stu Dudley's Provence Guide available?

Hi - does anyone have a copy of Stu Dudley's Provence guide? I understand he put a suggested itinerary together for exploring Provence. I have been unable to get it from him so far.

Many thanks!

DebitNM Jul 19th, 2012 05:18 PM

I have it and will forward. Email me. I am sure Stu won't mind. Do you want just the Provence and Cote d'Azur guide?

cmcfong Jul 19th, 2012 05:32 PM

Deb, me, too, please. screenname at yahoo.

Merci!

DebitNM Jul 19th, 2012 05:45 PM

There are 4 parts:
Provence and Cote d'Azur
Langueduc
Dordogne
Gites de France

Let me know which....

cybertraveler Jul 19th, 2012 06:19 PM

You'll love that guide! We used it last summer, and it was extremely helpful.

Rastaguytoday Jul 19th, 2012 06:45 PM

It's too bad the Fodor Forum doesn't have sort of a reference library.

StuDudley has excellent detailed information of a lot of things. I particularly like his San Francisco one.

Gardyloo is the expert on Int'l terminal travel and requirements, as well as any updates as they occur.

freedom2011 Jul 20th, 2012 03:57 PM

Excellent! Thanks DebitNM - I'll take the whole thing. Will send you an email with contact info.

Cybertraveler - thanks. I have heard good things about it, and it seems that anyone writing in with itinerary questions on Provence is directed Stu's guide.

Rastaguytoday - yes - excellent idea. Wouldn't it be convenient to have the benefit of others experience at our fingertips. Thanks for the headsup on Gardyloo.

justretired Jul 21st, 2012 05:05 PM

I have in the past put some files up on my web page, for others to download (although many of them are now rather out of date). Most were put together by Margie, the other half of "justretired". They can be seen at:

http://ljkrakauer.com/docs/travel/

I also have quite a few files we received over the years from Stu Dudley, including a 26-page Word file on <i>Provence</i> and the <i>Côte d'Azur</i> (although the version I have was last revised in 2005). I'd be willing to put these on my site for others to download, as a sort of Fodor's mini-reference library. But I don't want to do that without Stu Dudley's permission.

- Larry

bettewilltravel Jul 21st, 2012 06:55 PM

debitNM,

Just read about the Stu Dudley guides to Provence and Cote D'Azur. Hate to impose but would love to know how to get this information. Planning 10-2012 trip as we speak.

jane1144 Jul 22nd, 2012 11:08 AM

Hi DebitNM,
I would be really grateful for the Provence/CoteD'Azur. I requested it from Stu, but I think he is traveling right now. I will email you. Thank you for your help.
Jane

carolanntaylor Jul 22nd, 2012 12:04 PM

Hello DebitNM,

I too would be grateful for a provence/CoteD'Azur Guide. May I email a request to you?
Thanks
Carol

StuDudley Jul 23rd, 2012 11:10 AM

We just returned from about 6 weeks in France yesterday. I had 143 requests for my various itineraries queued up on my e-mail. I have now sent out itineraries to most everyone who requested one. I'll get to a few with longer 'questions" later. I have to rest now - jet lag & all.

Stu Dudley

cmcfong Jul 24th, 2012 10:06 AM

Deb and Stu, for me, Provence/Cote D'Azur. Merci

StuDudley Jul 24th, 2012 10:26 AM

If you want a copy of any of my itineraries, e-mail me at [email protected].

In addition to the ones Deb mentioned, I also have
Normandy & Brittany
Alsace - short one

Stu Dudley

DebitNM Jul 24th, 2012 01:46 PM

As Stu is now home, I will be letting him fulfill the requests. I just wanted to help out while he was away and I don't want to step on his toes.

Deb

Yprivet Jan 18th, 2024 04:44 PM

Stu Dudley's Provence guide

Originally Posted by freedom2011 (Post 15943549)
Hi - does anyone have a copy of Stu Dudley's Provence guide? I understand he put a suggested itinerary together for exploring Provence. I have been unable to get it from him so far.

Many thanks!

Hello!
Do you still have Stu Dudley's Provence guide?
it was so many years ago but I hope somebody still have it!
Thank you soooooo much!

DrDave123 Mar 6th, 2024 11:35 AM

Would you mind sending a copy of Stu Dudley's Provence guide as well. I cannot seem to find a way to ask for this directly from him.

Thank you and all the best

DrDave123 Mar 6th, 2024 11:41 AM

Would you mind sending me a copy of your Provence/Côtes d'Azur guide. So many people speak so highly, I would love to have some additional guidance particularly as to where to set up a home base. Thank you

David

janisj Mar 6th, 2024 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by DrDave123 (Post 17541546)
Would you mind sending a copy of Stu Dudley's Provence guide as well. I cannot seem to find a way to ask for this directly from him.

Thank you and all the best

Originally Posted by DrDave123 (Post 17541547)
Would you mind sending me a copy of your Provence/Côtes d'Azur guide. So many people speak so highly, I would love to have some additional guidance particularly as to where to set up a home base. Thank you

David

Welcome to Fodors. If you want to contact StuDudley, you can send him a PM (private message). Click on his screen name and then on the pull down menu, click 'send a private message to . . . '

StuDudley Mar 6th, 2024 12:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't do Private Messaging. But attached is my Provence & Cote d'Azur guide which you can download.

Stu Dudley