Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Strasbourg hotels - have you stayed in the following?

Old Feb 25th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Hello.

Has anyone stayed in the following hotels, and, if so, could you offer comments please. I am interested in safety of neighborhood and cleanliness of rooms and bathrooms.

Hotel Le Grillon
Hotel Ateyls
Hotel Vendome
Hotel Patricia
Hotel du Rhin
Hotel Le Petit Trianon
CIARUS Hostel - private single

Thanks
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 04:35 PM
jay

Joe,
We stayed at the Comfort Inn in the Old City. It was very cost effective, the rooms were huge and it had a great free breakfast. It was a very charming hotel. It was near the cathedral and in a very safe area of town. Our room looked out at the river. I would defenately stay there again.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks; is that Strasbourg Quest (14, Rue des Corroyeurs) or Center (1 quai de Paris)?

Quest got a so-so tripadvisor review.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 08:30 PM

I stayed at the Hotel Vendome. Cheap, clean, a/c, mini-bar, CNN, CNBC, across street from train station, easy walking to top sights and a desk clerk lady who loves to teach you French. What more could you ask for? Safety didn't seem to be an issue to me but I saw a derelict or two drinking wine and hanging out on the church steps a block from hotel if that bothers you.

Strasbourg is a nice town (great saurkraut and knuckles) and if you have time take the short train ride to Colmar too. Do the wine road thingy too.

Larry J
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 07:11 AM
jay

Center. If you are driving it is very easy to get to.
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 07:20 AM

You did not mention the Rohan. At the suggestion of others on this board, we stayed there and loved it. It had all the attributes you state in your list. I do not remember seeing any of the hotels you mention and I realize you were not asking for other ideas but as you have not gotten a lot of replies, I thought I would write...
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much. I won't be driving - taking train from Paris, but thanks for the info about center. And I will check at the Rohan. I have a couple of quotes for a single for 40 E, so I'm trying for something around this price.

Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

The best rate at Rohan was 65 Euros, which I think is a little out of my price range. Thank you for the suggestion though. Maybe I can bargain with them a little.