Hotels In Left Bank

Search

Hotels In Left Bank

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels In Left Bank

Earlier this year I took my first trip to Paris (first trip to europe!) and loved it! My fiancee and I stayed in the 9th Arron. in a cute hotel with a balcony. Loved the balcony! In the evenings after walking all day, we sat and people watched while having a glass of wine. We are planning another trip next year in the spring but want to stay in the Left Bank this time. Don't want a noisy hotel but would like to people watch. A three star would be nice in the $150 or below price range. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 09:02 AM

See this thread:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34525233
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 09:31 AM

The Hôtel Duquesne-Eiffel in the 7th has some rooms with balconies, some with views of the Tour Eiffel. It's a 3-star and I in your price range:

http://www.hotels-exclusive.com/hote...l/index_en.htm
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks!
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

I apologize but I have another question. We are planning to fly from SFO to Paris CDG. Stay in Paris for 4 days and then go on to Italy (Florence). Taking a train would be great as we could see sites along the way but has anyone done this? Is it worth the time? Can you get off the train and sight see? Sorry for so many questions but would love any advice!
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:41 AM

Taking trains in Europe is a good and convenient alternative to go from one city to another.

In terms of getting off the train and sightseeing, this may be difficult especially for, what I assume, a full-days train travel from Paris to Florence. The train will stop at a few, or a lot of, cities in-between. However, they're not like cruise ships that allow passengers to wander out into various ports. They are scheduled and allow no more than a 5-minute stop at in-between city.

If you want to sight-see along the way to Florence, then you should plan to make time, at least an overnight, in one or more cities that you wish to visit.

Cheers.