Search

Getting to the Latin Quarter from Moulin Rouge

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting to the Latin Quarter from Moulin Rouge

Hi everyone,

I am looking at getting tickets to the Moulin Rouge in July but it appears that the 9pm tickets are sold out I am looking at the 11pm tickets but am worried about how to get back to the hotel after. We are staying in the Latin Quarter (Hotel Saint Jacques). How much would a taxi be around and would it be hard to get one?

Any feedback on whether the 11pm show is any good (since it is their second show of the evening).

Are there any other options instead of taxi?

We are hoping to go to dinner first and I am wondering whether we will still find restaurants open (it looks like many restaurants close on Sundays?)

Thanks very much!
Old May 4th, 2015, 09:42 AM

The metro runs until after 2:00 am so you'll have no trouble getting back to your hotel. There also should be taxis waiting outside after the performance.

I've never been but I've heard from almost everyone who has that it's not worth the money. A few have said it's well done for what it is.

There will be restaurants open but depending on what you want, it might be good to plan ahead and make a reservation. I would think there would be a better selection near your hotel.
Old May 4th, 2015, 09:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The metro will be just fine. As will the Moulin Rouge.
Old May 4th, 2015, 09:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
There are tons of restaurants open on Sunday. You might want to eat at one of the many possibilities at Place de Clichy before the show. It is just two blocks from the Moulin Rouge.
Old May 4th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

So the metro is open until 2 am? I was under the understanding that it wasn't open that late...the show is on a Sunday not sure if that makes a difference? Where abouts is it from the Moulin Rouge and what would be our exit back to the hotel (Hotel Saint Jacques). We were thinking of maybe exploring and grabbing dinner before the show. Anywhere really neat nearby to walk the streets and explore? Is Paris lively at all on Sundays? We love walking past art in the street, performers, etc. Any restaurant suggestions?

Can someone connect me to a website that shows the metro?

Also I am wondering if anyone who has been has any feedback on the 11pm show. I believe it is the same performers as the 9 pm so I was worried that it may not be as well done the second show of the evening.