I will be driving my boys (6 and 8) and I to Freiburg from Retie Belgium (near Holland border) on June 27th, a Monday. We have the entire day to drive and arrival time doesn't really matter. I see two suggested routes on Google maps: one through South Holland, past Bonn, and along the Rhein. The second goes through Belgium through Luxembourg and into France to Freiburg.
My question is.....is there a better route on a Monday? Or, if all things are equal, does one of these routes lend itself better to a couple of stops to stretch legs, eat, etc.
I have no agenda other than "ease" (knowing that no drive with 2 small children for that long) will be easy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sleep at Heathrow
- 2 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 3 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Self Drive UK tour
- 6 Where to See Flamenco
- 7 2 week May trip with kids
- 8 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 9 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 10 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 11 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 12 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 13 Airport Transfer
- 14 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 15 Rail vs. Plane
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 18 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 19 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 20 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 21 Arezzo - how much time?
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 24 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 25 New Years in France
Stops along the way from Noord-Brabant, Belgium to Freiburg