Stockholm to London via Ryanair

May 5th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Stockholm to London via Ryanair

My wife and I are looking for economical transportation from Stockholm to London to catch a flight to the U. S. in July. We already have tickets from London to the U. S. Ryanair appears to have cheap flights between Stockholm and London. However, they fly from and to airports that are a bit inconvenient (Skavsta or Vasteras for Stockholm and Stansted for London) and most of the flights are very early (~6:30) or rather late (~22:00). Can anyone suggest good economical accommodations convenient to the airports or alternative cheap transportation between Stockholm and London?
May 5th, 2004, 08:36 AM

Check http://www.destination-stockholm.se for economical accommodation near to the airport and elsewhere.

SAS - http://www.scandinavian.net - has four flights per day for about $90 USD each way between Stockholm Arlanda and LHR.
May 5th, 2004, 08:45 AM

If you actually want to do this on a very cheap fare, RyanAir is your only choice at this time.

But if you are willing to raise the budget a little more try www.ba.com.

British Airways has restructured their fare system and you will be surprised as to what you may find. Plus, if you factor the convenience and not spending the extra money for transportation between the airports in London or spending extra nights there, it may actually come out to be very close in price.
May 5th, 2004, 04:43 PM
rex

If it were me, I would opt for the late night flight, then have a driver - - like chauffeur.co.uk for example - - take me from Stansted to a hotel near your departure airport. Search for "A Night Inn" if you need a place near Heathrow (I think that is the correct name).

Best wishes,

Rex
May 5th, 2004, 04:54 PM
rex

I guess I omitted thatyou can find all the info you need on transport to Skavsta or Vasteras on the Ryanair website.

See http://www.ryanair.com/destinfo03/de...get=nyo&opt=12
May 6th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone! You were very helpful.