Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Still recovering from my trip to Spain last week!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 05:41 PM
julie

My husband and I were in Madrid and Seville last week. Great time, and I'm happy to answer any questions. I must warn potential Spain travellers, I've been living on Immodium for 5 days! Tapas is good, but my system is totally out of wack! <BR>

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 06:40 PM
BethY

I have had that problem almost whenever I travel. I would not necessarily relate it to the food/water, etc., but to change in time zones, new food, etc. ....traveler's "stomach".

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 06:43 AM
gginsf

Where did you stay in each city? Did you do side trips to Segovia or Toledo from Madrid? If so, by train, bus or car? <BR> <BR>From Seville, did you visit Granada, Cordoba or Jerez/Cadiz? Again, what was your mode of transportation and how did it work out (I'm still debating bus vs train for side trips). <BR> <BR>How hot was it there? What was your favorite thing you did in each city? Here any authentic (non-Vegas lounge touristy) flamenco music? <BR> <BR>I'll heading to Madrid in less than 2 weeks, and I'll also be staying in Seville so your answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks (and I'll be sure to bring some "pink stuff" for the tummy).

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 06:44 AM
gginsf

That should be "Hear..."

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 07:45 AM
Paulo

gginsf: Can't help you regarding Seville. In Madrid, we balanced our saty with site seeing, dining out, shopping and strolling, besides to side trips (to Toledo and Salamanca). My favorites in Madrid were dining at the Botin and Julian de Tolosa, having tapas in Plaza Mayor and Plaza de Santa Ana and strolling. Regarding sightseeing, my favorites were the Prado, the Thyssen and the Descalzas Monastery. My wife's favorite was probably shopping. <BR> <BR>Between Toledo and Salamanca, appart the sites in each cities, Salamanca had the edge. I visited both by bus (following the advice of expert travellers here in the forum) as it appears that only to Avila the train should be eventually considered. Of course, the best mode oftransportation from Madrid to Sevilla should be the fast train. <BR> <BR>If you're firm on visiting Segovia, there are very frequent buses run by Sepulvedana, with departures right in front of hotel Florida Norte on Paseo de la Florida (metro Pricipe Pio). <BR> <BR>For the full report on Madrid and side trips to Toledo and Salamanca visit <BR> <BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/crossro...ity=&active=5& <BR> <BR>Paulo