Still having issues with messages only it's getting stranger!!! LOL

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2006, 04:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay...second attempt at posting this reply and in order to do it, I now have to start a whole new message!!!!

What's really strange about this whole *thing* is that I did get into the threads earlier...found the thread I started yesterday...was able to get a whole *reply* thing going...hit *post my reply* and the usual thing that is suppose to happen happened, with one difference...my reply did not post and the thread was right back where I found it!!

BUT, it gets even more interesting...after rebooting to get back in here, I once again found my original thread...once again hit *post a reply* and everything came up like it should...even my earlier reply is on the left side at the bottom of all the other replies, but, it is not there when I go back to the original screen. When I hit the tab to post, all goes as it should, but, my reply does not wind up in the thread, unless, like I said, I hit the *post a reply* tab....I am just going around in circles. Does this make sense??

So, this is why I am starting a whole new thread topic....AGAIN!!! LOL

LOL...thanks Jody...yes, that is how I meant to explain it...I like to narrow things down when I come in here. I'm just so aggravated with *whatever* it is and hope that it gets fixed....soon!!!

I have pretty much tried everything, logged in and out...shut down Explorer...deleted cookies...I have auto update and still had a problem this morning. The reboot does work, it's just annoying to have to do it everytime I want to check out an individual thread. More likely then not, because I've responded to this, I will have to reboot just to read another thread! But, then again....maybe I won't!

Have not done a disk cleanup...will do that...though I'm leaning towards believing it's a glitch somewhere in the Fodor's system!
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 04:21 AM

I feel for all of you. I'm using firefox and haven't (touch wood) had a problem. Have you considered downloading Firefox/Mozilla.
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

Used firefox once before and had issues with it. I guess I can only hope that the *powers that be* at Fodors realize the problem and respond! Had to reboot 4 times just to get this message to appear, though, I can see the thread topics, I don't always get the messages to dispplay!! Just sitting here scratching my head and wondering!!
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 09:45 AM

I use Firefox/Mozilla and had the same problems...I posted a message and it seemed to "take it"...then came back and it wasn't there...so I reposted and someone said they had already responded to my first message...all searches for it came up dry so he had to get the link for me...very weird.

There's a bug in the system but we seem to eventually get the post in!
Tara
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

It's just annoying...this is my second day of it. But, at least I'm not the only one!
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 01:01 PM

BayouGal posted on the US Board yesterday that she had received an email from Fodor's (after emailing them more than once). Fodor's told her the problem was from their end and they were working on it.

I finally was able to open all the threads last evening and I am not having any problems today.

One question..have you made sure you are logged on to Fodor's? I am sure you all are but after I cleared my cookies I forgot to look and of course I wasn't.
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 03:20 PM
Original Poster

All seems to be working for me now. Have not had any problems for a few hours....PHEW!!

LoveItaly: that was one of the first things I checked when the problem began!
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 03:57 PM

The Fodor's menu does not show the search option. Is there a solution for this probem?
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 04:25 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
"The Fodor's menu does not show the search option" -- At least on my screen, search isn't in a "menu". It is at the top next to where you can click on a country . . . .
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 03:52 AM

Now this may be of no use at all, but I remember awhile back when clicking the post button at the top of the thread page worked while clicking the post button at the bottom didn't. File that in the for what it's worth department. J.