Search

RENFE Website - Doesn't Allow Me to Purchase Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RENFE Website - Doesn't Allow Me to Purchase Tickets

Hello.

I've tried twice now to purchase train tickets on the RENFE website but have been unable to. I get all the way to the very last step and then it doesn't complete the transaction. Anyone else encounter the same problem? Might anyone know if there's a way around it so I can actual make the purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Ross
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 12:36 PM
yk

Hi Ross - It could be your Credit Card company blocking the charges. I know it's been reported by many Fodorites here. Either try another CC, or call your CC company and ask if they blocked it.
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 12:52 PM

Don't know because I had no problem buying tickets on RENFE so it isn't clear what the problem is that you need to get around (I'm an American). I only bought one and I seem to recall some issue about how you can't buy another until you actually show up to pick up the first ticket. Could that be the problem? That you are trying to buy a lot of different tickets and have never bought one yet from RENFE?
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 12:56 PM
yk

I have bought multiple tickets on Renfe's website earlier this year, and didn't have any problem. I think I used my Mastercard at that time. But I defintely recalled reading several posts with Fodorites saying they couldn't get the transaction to go through on renfe, and it turned out to be the CC company blocking it.
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 01:05 PM

I encounter the error message all the time on the last step. If it's not a credit card problem (and mine isn't), then it's the Renfe gremlins merrily at work. The error message comes up quite frequently for lots of folks.

In your case it's not that you can't buy another ticket until you actually show up to pick up the first ticket, now that Renfe has eliminated TIKNET, substituting it with the "new & improved" version (????) which allows you to print out your tickets.

What I do is wait a while and try again. I try at different hours and eventually the transaction goes through. I successfully purchased Altaria tixs for Nov. by trying several times, at different periods of the day and night-patience is a virtue with Renfe. Just keep trying.
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your input. I believe Maribel is correct in regards to what I've been experiencing. I'll try again and keep you updated.

Ross