Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Ste Chapelle evening concert - security lines

Aug 26th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Hello everyone. My husband and I are looking forward to attending one of the evening concerts at Ste Chapelle. To have some flexibility, we were thiking of just buying the tickets on the same day. We could go in the afternoon, get the tickets, tour the chapel, then attend the 7 pm concert.

What happens between the time the chapel closes at 6 pm and the time they open the doors for the concert.? I suppose everyone is herded out when they close at 6 pm; but do we have to go through security all over again for the concert? Thanks.
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:49 PM

There's no security for the evening concerts. You enter through a different door for the concert (you'll see people lined up waiting for the door to open) and have limited access to the chapel; no access to the prison area. You can buy concert tickets when you enter; I got there about 20 minutes before the concert and bought the tickets then.
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:50 PM

When I say there is no security I mean that there are not long lines and you do not have your personal items scanned. There are security personnel to ensure you do not go beyond the area designated for the concert and to ensure you do not stray when exiting the concert.
Aug 26th, 2010, 10:33 PM

"When I say there is no security I mean that there are not long lines and you do not have your personal items scanned."

Are you sure? The last time I attended a concert there - 3+ years ago I think -- my bag was searched and there was a security line. It was shorter of course since there were fewer people than during the day. But there was definitely a security screening/queue.
Aug 26th, 2010, 10:52 PM

Agree with Janis, my experience was everyone was checked, as of two years ago this month. If you have already purchased tickets ( we got ours day before at FNAC on Blvd St. Germain but there are several locations) you can get in the short queue. No sharps allowed, handbags, totes, purses were scanned/searched.
Aug 27th, 2010, 03:27 AM

Perhaps my memory is faulty (I'm getting old, I guess!); I just don't remember the security line. I do know I arrived about 20 minutes before the concert, bought tickets at the table set up just inside the door, and was in the chapel in plenty of time. It was definitely not the standard door you enter to visit the chapel and prison as we did not go through the courtyard but entered directly into the chapel.
Aug 27th, 2010, 03:59 AM

What others have said is true--the entrance to the concerts is at a door to the right of the building, up some stairs and then into the chapel. However, whether there are tickets may depend on the concert offering. We tried to get tickets for a concert on All Saints' Day and it was sold out. It was a special offering and day, but just a thought.
Aug 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your replies.