I am from a Schengen country myself and have been visiting Denmark a lot because my boyfriend lives there. I have been living with him for a long time now and am starting to wonder if I can just stay here until we eventually move to my country? I am self employed and pay taxes in my country, and my self employment gives me the ability to travel wherever I want. The self employment agency also didn't say anything when I mentioned I would be in Denmark for most of the year, neither did my accountant.
But I still want to be sure. I normally stay here for 2-3 months and then go back to my home country to visit my family for like 2 weeks. I thought this was how it is done, but now I read something about only being able to stay 90 days in a 180 days period, but I always read this in regards to Americans coming to Europe. Does this also apply to schengen members (Belgium) staying in schengen countries? cause I dont want to be apart from my partner for so long. He is still studying.
I never have to show any visa or passport, Only when I go and check in for my flight I have to give my flight ticket and identity card at the check in desk. Thats it... So how can they even know I am in Denmark for more than 90 days in 180 days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 2 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 3 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 4 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 5 Help with Venice Trip?
- 6 Dubrovnik
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 9 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 10 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 11 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 15 Norte Dame light show!
- 16 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 17 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 18 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 19 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 20 10 Days in Austria
- 21 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 22 Greece in end October
- 23 Champagne Tours
- 24 GTG Paris December 2017
- 25 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg