Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

staying in the "business district" in Paris

Jul 28th, 2001, 07:37 PM
Ana

Staying at the Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense. First trip to Paris, cannot change hotel. Will this be a problem getting to and from the "inner city attraction areas" by Metro?

Jul 30th, 2001, 05:58 AM
elaine

Ana,
It's not a problem other than that it's not a tradiitonal or charming place to stay, and you will lose time going back and forth. When you leave your hotel in the morning, take with you whatever you will want for the rest of the day, perhaps ven for the evening.

Jul 30th, 2001, 06:02 AM
Fred

Ana-
You certainly won't be in the heart of Paris, not near the area you'll want to spend your time in. But that's just a metro ride away, and it's a straight shot into the middle of Paris. Maybe 15 minutes on the metro. For more Paris information e-mail me – [email protected]

Jul 30th, 2001, 06:15 AM
Ursula

Ana: La Défense is certainly not the heart of Paris, but still quite close to everything. Do go up La Grande Arche. It's spectacular and far less tourists than at the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, etc.
View is fantastic.
Check out the site of public transportation in Paris at
www.ratp.fr (click English flag). You will find a lot of useful advice how to get around.
Good suggestions about what's on are at
www.parisavenue.com (updated every week).
Have fun in Paris!

Jul 30th, 2001, 07:24 AM
Diane

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to drive from Frankfurt to Brussels? I have some business in Frankfurt but also have a week to do Brussel, Amsterdam etc. Thanks.