My wife and I are planning a four day, four night trip to Tuscany in mid-May. We are flying into Milan (cheapest flight we could find) and already have a car booked there for the duration of our trip. After reading many reviews and exploring many options, we would like to base ourselves if Florence, and take day trips to various Tuscany country side towns. We would really like to keep the car as for ease of exploration, but we understand that driving in Florence is a terrible idea.
Is there a hostel/hotel/B&B in Florence that would not be an absolute horror to drive to and find parking?
Would ditching the car, taking a train from Milan to Florence, and using buses to tour the country side a better idea?
Any suggestions will be helpful to an unexperienced Tuscany traveler.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Venice Trip?
- 2 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 3 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 4 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 5 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 6 10 Days in Austria
- 7 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 8 Le Marche Research Help
- 9 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 10 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 11 Greece in end October
- 12 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 16 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 17 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 18 Favorite London memories
- 19 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 20 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 23 Norte Dame light show!
- 24 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 25 Avignon