Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Staying at the Hotel du Louvre--Searching for info

Old Aug 12th, 1998, 10:02 AM
Kelli

My husband and I are staying at the Hotel du Louvre in Paris. Has anyone stayed there? Also looking for suggestions for restaurants. We are flying into Orly---was thinking about using the Paris Airport Service to get us to our hotel. Any comments? Thanks.

Old Aug 12th, 1998, 11:31 AM
wes fowler

Check the web site: paris.org/hotels and do an alpha search for your hotel. You'll find some highly favorable comments.

Old Aug 12th, 1998, 03:06 PM
Rich

The Hotel du L'ouvre is part of the Concord chain. They have a great web site that will give you quite a bit of information on each of their hotels including the Hotel du L'ouvre. I have stayed there and found it to be perfect as far as location and comfort are concerned.

Old Aug 12th, 1998, 03:12 PM
Susan

Are you in for a treat! That lovely hotel is perfect! We stayed there for 2 weeks last summer. The location is ideal. The young men on the concierge desk were so nice and so helpful. Their English and their patience were excellent. The breakfast buffet each morning was great. We didn't experiment w/French cooking, so I cannot help you there. We did find delicious fruit and bread in the local markets. You're in for a treat!

Old Aug 14th, 1998, 08:14 AM
Kelli

Thanks everyone for all the info. Rich-what is the web site for the Concord Hotel chain? Thanks!!

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 08:05 AM
Beverly

The web address for condorde hotels is:
www.concorde-hotels.com. If you have a frequenly flyer membership with American Airlines, you can get a Prestige card from the concorde web site that is good for discounts and room upgrades.

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 02:34 PM
Paul J

Hi Kelli; We also stayed at the Hotel du Lourve last fall. It's a great hotel. Very well located. We walked to just about everything. They have a nice restaurant and an outstanding cocktail lounge (bar). It's very expensive but you've got to stop for a cocktail before going out to dinner some evening. It's called the Defender Bar. Really special! There's a great restaurant called La Grand Cafe Capucines.(spelling?) within walking distance near the Opera House. Ask the concierge. You can email me directly for any other info. Enjoy your trip!! .... Paul J

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 03:10 PM
Graziella

Dear friends, Orly is closer to Paris than Charles De Gaulle airport, so I am almost sure it is more convenient just to take a taxi all the way to the hotel instead of paying both the Air France bus for 2 plus a taxi from the bus terminal to the hotel. Check upon
arrival the total expense in both cases
Bon voyage.

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 04:20 PM
Kelli

THank you all for all the wonderful information. I will check the concorde web site and will visit the bars and restaurant you described. We are looking forward to our trip next week!!