Starwood hotels in Italy and Paris using points

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! We will be traveling to Italy and Paris using starwood points staying at the Prince de Gualle, Westin Excelsoir in Florence, Denali in Venice, and Excelsoir in Rome (for a part of the time). My question is, how are the rooms that Starwood has given you when you use points? Also, will the room be big enough to fit 3 people in your opinion???Thanks!!!
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 09:45 AM

I can't specifically answer your question, but I can point you to a better website when you are asking about points or miles. Go to flyertalk.com and find your way to the Starwood forum. There is a search feature that you can use to check for posts on the hotels you are asking about.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 09:49 AM

I just went to flyertalk and see that you already posted there. Someone will probably tell you to do a search. They always do.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 09:51 AM

If you stay anywhere and choose to pay with points you will usually be given the lowest category of room. Hotel don't have special "worst" rooms only for points paying customers so i wouldn't worry about it. After all you are getting a room for free.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much; yeah after i posted here and in searching for starwood as the title i did come across flytalk so that was helpful. it seems though that people are more responsive on this website. =D

thanks again
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 03:01 PM
kebanks

My wife and I have used Starwood points at both the Danieli and the Europa/Regina in Venice, and had great rooms both times. We didn't end up with a view of the Grand Canal or anything, but I didn't get a sense we were getting the bottom of the barrel. There would have been plenty of room for a roll-out bed in either room.

I will note that the Danieli staff did have a fairly serious attitude problem, but I think that probably applies to anyone without a tiera in their LV bag.