Starting a travel club any suggestions??

Sep 28th, 2000, 06:59 AM
Carey

Starting a travel club any suggestions??

My friends and I are forming a travel club. Does anyone out there have a similar club? Can you provide and Do's or do not's? We want to have a set week per year, each person selects one place, then we pick out of a hat the place to travel to that year. We are all in different location all over the globe. And we all love to travel. I would love to hear anyone's experiences!

Thanks!

Sep 28th, 2000, 07:42 AM
Rex

I might be interested in joining, or participating in trips if there is a subgroup nterested, and especially, if expertise is lacking, and leadership is desired.

And there is a group located in the NYC area called TravelPals which might be able to offer you some advice.

Sep 28th, 2000, 08:23 AM
Art

I'd be interested in following your progress and what is decided. If you get enough responses you might switch over to e-mails to keep everyone up to date.

Sep 28th, 2000, 09:22 AM
Annette

What a concept! I'd be interested in following your progress also.

Sep 28th, 2000, 11:57 AM
Anna Nicole Smith

Wowsers! Dude, I just scored $64 mill and I'm presently free as a bird. Sign me up for the Talented Mrs. BlackWidow tour...

Sep 28th, 2000, 12:21 PM
xxx

Not all of us follow the entertainment news closely enough to know what this last post means - - so here's a reference:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/2000...mith_dc_9.html

Sep 28th, 2000, 01:04 PM
Anna Nicole

Whoops! Did my maths wrong again! Make that $450 mill. What say we meet at Harrods, gang, instead of that little ol' tour idea cause they're now closing the whole shop for ME just as fast as i get my bad self over the pond.

Sep 29th, 2000, 06:00 AM
Carey

thanks rex and al. your two response were the only meaningful ones. I will definately report my progress. To the others, please, no richy rich reference. I am a graphic designer, not a boob stunt double. I love to travel, and like to find a way to fit it into my life and within my budget. Each person gets to pick any place they want to travel to. It could be a trip to the lake, next state over, or across the world. That's the fun of having a diverse group of people in a club.

Sep 29th, 2000, 07:15 AM
Anna Nicole

Carey, Carey, Carey, get mellow, Son. Your travel club sounds fab. I certainly wasn't referencing YOUR current cash flow situation. Kinda' irrelevant when my #450.00 mill can spread those Eurodollars all over creation AND keep an EMPIRE goin' for my greatgrandchildren. Sigh. Just spicing it up and keeping you tip-topper for others to contribute more meaningful tips.

Sep 29th, 2000, 04:02 PM
Carey

Sorry, Nicole. I got a little defensive. Not that my cash flow is that bad, but definately not a "nicole sum". You can never tell what some crazies will post........

Sep 30th, 2000, 10:04 AM
confused

I thought this was a travel club. Am I wrong?

Sep 30th, 2000, 06:18 PM
Rex

The firsy four postings seem to have been about a travel club.

Then there seem to have been two huge parabolically shaped detours.