Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Stansted Express ticket cost from Stansted Airport to Victoria Station?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 06:59 AM
xox

Can anyone tell me the cost per ticket (Sat) for the Stansted Express from the Stansted Airport to downtown London (Victoria Station)? Thank you.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 07:38 AM
ron

The Stansted Express does not go to Victoria station. It goes to Liverpool Street station. Amazing as it may seem, you can get fare information at http://www.stanstedexpress.com/<BR>

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Ben Haines

The standard classs single Stansted to Liverpool Street is about nine pounds, so through to Victoria is about ten pounds. <BR><BR>I hope Ron has a better day tommorrow.<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 09:08 AM
ron

Proving my point exactly, Ben. When someone is looking for simple factual information, he can come to Fodors to get an inaccurate answer or go to the web-site and get the correct answer.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:37 PM
Ben Haines

You are right. Liverpool Street 13 pounds, Victoria 15 pounds.<BR><BR>Ben Haines

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 11:43 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>just a couple of points.<BR><BR>Ryanair sell discounted tickets on the aircraft on inbound Stansted flights.<BR><BR>I've had a mail recently to say this service will be disrupted due to maintenance work. Needs to be checked out ?<BR><BR>Peter<BR>tlp.netfirms.com<BR>

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 05:06 AM
xox

Thank you to all! I guess I should have thought of stanstedexpress.com but I did not. Thank you Ben, as always you are very kind.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 05:23 AM
ron

One last point on this topic. Ben’s replies could lead a reader to infer that the Stansted Express continues beyond Liverpool Street station to Victoria station. This is not the case; a transfer to the underground is required. This transfer could be done at Liverpool Street, but a quicker routing would be to make the transfer to the Victoria line at Tottenham Hale.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Steve

I'm fairly certain that the stanstedexpress trains are out-of-service only on Sundays. <BR>Charter buses run the shuttle service (from Liverpool St. Station) and this took me 90 minutes with traffic. Same price on the bus as on the train.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 07:55 AM
David

Just for anyone else who might be travelling this route there is also an Airbus service the A6 which Connects Stansted Airport with London Victoria calling at Central London via Golders Green, Finchley Road Underground Station, St Johns Wood, Baker Street, Marble Arch and Hyde Park Corner. <BR>Operates up to every 20 minutes and operates half hourly for the majority of the night. Journey takes 1:30 to 1:45 hrs and costs about &pound;8 single &pound;12 return. Further information: www.gobycoach.com<BR>

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 03:33 AM
Siobhan

LAst I heard the express was closed for maintenance and the only way to London is a caoch/Bus service they are providing. You need to allow more time for this as it will take much longer due to traffic. Traffic in London at rushhour is like NYC (or worse!) so leave some time!

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 03:52 AM
Ben Haines

The line is open Monday to Saturday, and closed on Sunday.<BR><BR>BH

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 04:26 AM
Paige

I took the bus from Liverpool St to Stansted a few weeks ago on a Sunday. No problem. The bus left from behind track 10, I think. We only had to wait a few minutes and were told they leave every 5-10 minutes.<BR><BR>