We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel chat and reflections
- 2 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 3 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 4 Best Gift For Valentines To a Boyfriend
- 5 The World's Greatest Churches
- 6 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 7 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 8 Advise Needed
- 9 naturalfitnesspoint.com/hair-bloom/
- 10 South of France
- 11 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 12 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 13 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 14 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 15 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 16 10 days in europe
- 17 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 18 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 land vs river cruise
- 21 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 22 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 23 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 24 Scotland ideas
- 25 Tips for first trip to UK