Reload this Page >

St. Peters Tomb Tour (Rome)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 1999, 11:15 AM
Walter

OK, I've done the search and hit the guidebooks and websites. But still have a few ??. This is what I assume I"ll do. Approach the 2 Swiss Guards (stopping when told that are stationed to the left of St. Peters. Request to go to the Ufficio Scavi (M-F 9-5). Fill out an application and they will contact my hotel with date/time. <BR>Longshot but anyway to reserve tickets online? One poster mentioned you can Fax (#?) a request? Has anyone phoned in their request, "Let's Go" lists a phone #? Do they have tours on Saturday? I'm going in early Nov99 I have 2 Sat, Sun, Mon & Fri free any problems with these days? TIA Regards, Walter <BR>

Old Sep 4th, 1999, 04:49 PM
hamlet

I've taken the scavi tour twice and both times I went I had no trouble getting a tour booked for later that day or the following day if the time was more convenient for me. I'm guessing you won't have a problem since November isn't the biggest tourist month there. It is really interesting, but of course also depends on your tourguide. Enjoy. <BR>

Old Sep 5th, 1999, 12:26 PM
Ed

A highlight of a visit to Rome for many. <BR> <BR>Possibly no problem in November, but only 10 persons on each tour. I'd reserve in advance if possible. Fax or e-mail from the US. <BR> <BR>Several methods outlined at www.twenj.com/romevatican.htm

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 04:43 AM
Walter

Hamlet & Ed: Thank-You. Ed, I have your wonderful and *informative* site along with others that I've e-mailed to people in the past. But (banging my head against the wall your's was one I didn't check. <BR>Hamlet, if I have no luck with my on-line res. I'm glad to know how easy it will be to get them in person. It would also give me something to do on my jet-lagged arrivial day. Regards, Walter <BR>

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 08:21 AM
Slim

When I went to Rome 2-3 years ago I went in person to go on the tour and was told no openings and that people have to wait 6 months. Well, I tried the same thing this August and only had to wait 2 days for 5 people. Two other folks on the tour said they got their tickets the day before. They give them to us in the office and didn't need to send them to our hotel.