I have a question about Dome climb. There is an elevator that would take me to the roof of St. Peter Basilica. If I want check the top of the Dome I would have to climb another 300 steps and after that I would climb down and enter St. Peter Basilica main hall. So, my question is - is it possible to climb down from the roof of St. Peter Basilica and not climbing 300 steps up ? And if it is possible to climb down from the roof of St. Peter Basilica where it would take me? It would not take me outside of St. Peter Basilica? Me and my mom have decided that she would go as high as the roof but I would go to top the Dome. I just want to be sure that if she would climb down from the roof that she would enter the main hall of St. Peter Basilica (where we would be able to meet) and not accidentally somewhere else.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self Drive UK tour
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 4 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 5 Airport Transfer
- 6 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 7 Rail vs. Plane
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Where to See Flamenco
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Arezzo - how much time?
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 2 week May trip with kids
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 20 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 21 New Years in France
- 22 Easter Week in Italy
- 23 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 24 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 25 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help