Reload this Page >

Spoleto , Italy restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Linda

Hi,<BR>Does anyone have any info to share re restaurants in or around Spoleto? Has anyone stayed at the Gattapone? If so, any recommendations re rooms...ie,old section vs. new.<BR>Many thanks.<BR>Linda

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Patrick

It's been several years, but we loved the Gattapone. I wasn't really able to tell what the old part was and what the new part was, if there was a difference, unless there is a new addition since we were there. I originally thought it might be inconvenient to town, but we left the car there and walked everywhere -- surprisingly close. Can't offer any specific restaurants, they can help you at the Gattapone with suggestions.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Helen Donegan

Hi Linda<BR>The Hotel Aurora is a great 2-star hotel in the centre of Spoleto and it's Restaurant Apollinare is one of the best in the area.<BR>Booking Half board in the hotel is chearper than paying for a hotel and then dinner apart.<BR>

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 03:36 AM
Nutella

I second the Aurora and Apollinare recommendation! A lovely single room in Sept 2001 was 90.000L per night. Had a nice dinner downstairs for 32.000L. I believe they give you a discount if you stay at the hotel.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Elsa

We stayed at a hotel called the San Luca (I think that was the name), and it was very nice. It was very convenient as far as taking day trips ie. - easy to get to the roadways. The breakfast buffet was very good. Mainly pastry (and I do mean pastry - cakes that we would have for dessert, etc.), cereal, yogurt, meats & cheese.<BR>The Apollinare was a VERY good restaurant. Definitely make reservations.The Aurora Hotel assoc. w/ it didn't look as nice as the San Luca, but I know you can't always judge a book by its cover. That hotel is more convenient to the old town center, and that would be a consideration if you didn't like walking up & down hills. Spoleto is quite hilly - to say the least.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Linda

Thank you all for your help. I appreciate it!

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Jack

Helen or Nutella-- Does the Aurora provide free parking?<BR>Elsa-- same parking question, and what is the room cost? Thanks. Jack

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 02:10 AM
Helen Donegan

Hi Jack<BR>The Aurora has a small amount of parking space in the little court yard in front of the hotel but most people are sent to a nearby car park where they can park free of charge.<BR>Prices and other info in the following site:<BR>http://www.hotelauroraspoleto.it/home_ing.htm<BR>If I can help in any way just get in touch.<BR>

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 05:06 AM
Elsa

Jack - I don't know when you are traveling, but we went the end of Sept. 2001, and did not have a problem w/ parking at the hotel. There were a few spaces right outside, and then there was a car park not far away at all. Since we went shortly after 9/11 our parking situation was not bad, but I don't know what the parking would be when you travel. I'm not sure of the cost, but I think it was reasonable for what they call a 4* hotel. The accom. were very nice and the room and bathroom were good sized, but don't expect "plush". The staff & owner were very nice and English was spoken very well by those you would need info from.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Jack

Thank you. Jack