Reload this Page >

Special family dinner in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 12:28 PM
ellie

Several family members will be meeting in London over the Thanksgiving holiday to visit our son who is studying there. We will be together on Thanksgiving and would appreciate any suggestions for restaurants where we might enjoy a lovely meal together and quietly celebrate the holiday as a family. While we do NOT require turkey on the menu, we would like comfy atmosphere (very dressy is fine), good, unhurried service and, of course, great food. I realize there are zillions of great dining spots in London, I'd love to hear of some personal favorites. There will be 6 of us and price really isnt an issue. Thanks in advance! <BR>

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:23 PM
ttt

Anyone?

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Therese

Well, since it sounds as if you'd actually like a dressy expensive place, I'll suggest Gordon Ramsay's at Claridge's. Excellent food, attentive service that was just warm enough. <BR><BR>A search here should pull up a previous post from me, as well as some others.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 04:37 AM
Ira

I suggest Simpson's in the Strand. Very old-style London.<BR>Try<BR>http://www.savoy-group.co.uk/simpsons/dining/dining.asp

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Char

Ira, <BR>Have you eaten there in the last few years? It has seriously deteriorated.