Spanish Arch Hotel?????

Mar 6th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Original Poster

Spanish Arch Hotel?????

Has anyone stayed at the spanish arch hotel recently???? In the web site, the rooms look like they might be located in a bodello. But it is a good location. Does anyone have any info on this hotel in Galway
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:37 AM

I haven't stayed there but stopped for a drink and to use the restroom once. I asked if they had handicapped-accessible facilities. The girl said: "yes, just go down those steps, across the floor amd up the 3-steps on your left." Definitely not handicapped friendly!!

It's an excellent location. I guess that area is Galway's 'Latin Quarter.'
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:33 AM

We did not stay there, but had a fine dinner and drinks in it's dark bar one night. I said to our party that I would like to stay there the next trip - do let us know if you stay and what you thought. In my two previous trips over, we stayed at the Brennan's Yard Hotel (www.brennansyardhotel.com), which is only 2 blocks further South. Another great location, and I have never had any problems there. It was cheaper than the Spanish Arch, but is not right on the mall. If you're driving, park in the large multi-level lot next to Jurys Inn, which is just a few doors down from the Spanish Arch.
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input, but I've read some horror stories about the rooms being dirty. Put these posts were from several years ago.

I just wonder how they are now.

Search this Thread